Asutosh College – Admission, Merit List 2022: Asutosh College is a pioneer institute of Education, located in Kolkata (also known as Calcutta), which is the capital city of the Indian state of West Bengal. It was the 1st college in the state accredited by the NAAC, established in the year 1916 as the South Suburban College by Sir Asutosh Mukherjee, who was the famous mathematician, educationist and the then VC of the University of Calcutta. The college is affiliated with the University of Calcutta and accredited with an “A” grade. At the undergraduate level, Asutosh College provides BA (Major/Honours/General), BBA (Honours), B.Voc and B.Sc (Major/Honours/General) programs and the official website www.asutoshcollege.in and www.asutoshcollegeapplication.in.
Eligibility Criteria for Asutosh College Admission 2022
Educational Qualification: A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or the equivalent in the examination of any stream with at least 60% marks in aggregate (for General candidates) and (55% marks in aggregate for Reserved candidates) is eligible to seek admission to the 1st year B.B.A. (Hons.) Course of Study provided he/she has also passed in English and Mathematics having full marks not being less than 100 in each paper.
However, no candidate shall be allowed for admission after a lapse of more than 3 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination or discontinuation of recognized regular course of study after passing the previous qualifying examination (Explanation: The year of admission shall not be taken into account while calculating 3 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination).
Aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top-four subjects in order of marks secured by a candidate. However, marks in compulsory Environmental Studies/ Education shall not be taken into account for calculating aggregate marks. The subject “Environmental Science”, studied as an elective subject of 100 marks, may be taken into account for the purpose of determining the aggregate marks.
1. For Honours Course: A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination. For BBA 55% marks in the aggregate from any discipline.
2. For Major/ Vocation Course: For these Courses a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate at the previous qualifying Exam.
3. For General/ Diploma/ Advanced Diploma Course: For these Courses, a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate at the previous qualifying Exam.
However, Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or OBC-A or OBC-B Community taking up Honours/Major/Vocation Course of Study must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate at the previous qualifying examination, as the case may be.
Application Fees: Application fees amounting to Rs.150/- through online (debit card, credit card & net banking) or, On-Line Application using Only this Printed Bank Challan at any branch of “Bank Of Baroda (BOB)”.
Asutosh College Admission 2022 – asutoshcollege.in
Name of The College: Asutosh College
Affiliated to: University of Calcutta
College Website: www.asutoshcollege.in and www.asutoshcollegeapplication.in
Departments: Arts Stream, Science Stream, BBA, B.Voc., Diploma and Advanced Diploma
Courses of: Honours, General & Major
Level of Courses: Undergraduate Level and Post Graduate Level
Application Mode: Online
Courses Available in the college:
1. B.A. Honours– Bengali, English, History, Journalism and Mass Communication, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Communicative English.
2. B.Sc. Honours– Bio-Chemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Electronics, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Statistics, Zoology, Industrial Fish and Fisheries.
3. Bachelor of Business Administration.
4. Vocational Study.
How to Apply for Asutosh College Admission 2022
Eligible students can apply online through the official website www.asutoshcollege.in and other admission websites www.asutoshcollegeapplication.in.
Students are required to bring the following documents :
1. Mark sheet of H.S. or equivalent examination.
2. Proof of date of birth.
3. Caste, tribe or disability certificate from the competent authority.
4. Domicile certificate, if applicable.
5. Proof of Residence-Ration Card.
6. Voter’s Identity Card.
7. Aadhaar Card.
9. 4 copies of the passport-size coloured photographs.
Address: 92, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rd, Jatin Das Park, Patuapara, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700026.
Disclaimer: Students should carefully read the Admission Notice for detailed information, regarding Educational Qualification, Departments, Courses and how to apply to Asutosh College – Admission, Merit List 2022.